The Marfan Foundation and VASCERN, the European Reference Network, are powering the first-ever E3 International Summit: Educating, Empowering, and Enriching Our Community. The online event will provide unique access to presentations and live question and answer sessions on Marfan, Loeys-Dietz, VEDS (vascular Ehlers-Danlos), Stickler syndrome, and related conditions. Summit registration is free, but is required to participate in sessions. More than 850 have already registered – are you in?
Over the course of three weeks – from August 25 through September 12 – the E3 Summit features nearly 70 presentations in seven languages: English, Spanish, Italian, French, German, Dutch, and Russian. Presentations will include live and pre-recorded talks, along with live question and answer periods with the experts. Presentations commence at 12 noon Eastern Time and 7:30 pm Eastern Time to accommodate people in most parts of the world.
E3 Summit highlights include:
- Medical experts from nine different countries: US, Canada, Spain, Belgium, Italy, Germany, England, France, and The Netherlands
- Presentations on the ABCs of Marfan in seven different languages
- Research talks that address recent breakthroughs and hope for the future
- Several specialized talks on each of the following conditions: Marfan, VEDS, Loeys-Dietz, Stickler Syndrome, and Heritable Thoracic Aortic Conditions
- A focus on treating and coping with pain, with presentations on pain management, building resiliency, physical therapy, and medical marijuana
- Presentations that address children’s medical issues related to Marfan, VEDS, and Loeys-Dietz, as well as how to deal with your child’s school, anti-bullying techniques, and preparing your child for surgery
- Presentations on pregnancy, foot and ankle pain, eye issues, dental concerns, lung issues, and more
- Talks on topics that can enhance quality of life, such as the healing power of laughter, art therapy, and mental fortitude
- Opportunities to connect with other people in the worldwide community through the Summit app
- Participation in the Summit requires a desktop or laptop computer, tablet, or smartphone as all presentations will be online.
To register, please go to Marfan.org/E3Register.
We hope you can take advantage of this incredible opportunity to hear information from the experts and meet people from all over the world – from the comfort of your own home!